Saturday 16 August 2014

Re-Supply Day

Now, in these days of government imposed abuse austerity on certain sections of the population we all need to score a bargain or two. In my case I'd become embarrassed by my lack of grit and sand for figure basing. Now, there is a certain Workshop of Games which flogs frankly miniscule bags of the aforementioned products at obscene prices. They failed to attract my interest with such meanness and so I cast my net wider.

I pondered on for a little while and then >SHAZZAM!< the lights went on: Wilko's!!! For those that don't know Wilko's (Wilkinson's) is a UK based shop that sells everything apart from metal figures and plastic models. Which, in fact, they might; must check. The point is that if it's not in a Wilko's store it (possibly) doesn't exist. One of their departments caters for pets and my gaze fell upon the budgie section. And what's this? Only 1 kilo bags of budgie sand and budgie grit at a £1 a pop! I bought a bag of each. They will last for a long long time.

One of my basing methods is to mix PVA with a drop of earthy colour paint then add some grit and sand. mix well and apply to the base. Leave to dry and then paint/highlight/wash as required.


                                                           £1 a kilo! Bargainsome!

PS Welcome to new blog followers Scannable Goose who runs some really fab blogs. And to Doug
 whose own blog is a seriously good read. Go and have a look instanter!

Updates as they happen!

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant Budget Budgie Bodging Basing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a genius idea! I must have been close to stumbling upon this myself when I picked up fish gravel for exactly the same purpose, but I think I need the sand too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should charge a 10% Management & Ideas Fee really........;)

      Delete
    2. Fish gravel eh? I will investigate!

      Delete
  3. I can send you a jobbies lot of used cat litter at knock down price... its an offer not to be sniffed at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog, I was doing a Google image search and found your Tarbooshian figures!
    Thank you for the kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now worries, Doug, glad you've linked up with me and like my Tarbooshian nonsense! :)

      Delete